Howells is consistently ranked highly as a firm for family and child law in the north, providing a broad range of expert care and advice.
We provide high quality, great value legal advice both on an ‘in person’ basis or via our range of ‘telephone services’ where we handle your case primarily by phone and email.
A wide selection of fixed fee legal services are available, giving you the representation you need without the worry of escalating costs.
The team are smart lawyers with sharp minds, tough and resolute in their legal representation, sensitive and compassionate in their client relationships. They understand that they’re not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound up in legal process but in real lives. It’s a team you’ll want on your side.
An introduction to our family legal services
Howells provides advice on all areas of Matrimonial law from divorce and separation to adoption. The team also has a Resolution-qualified mediation department. To book an appointment with the Matrimonial team call 0114 404 06 06.
We provide help and advice on:
- Child Abduction
- Civil Partnerships
- Collaborative Law
- Divorce and Separation
- Domestic Abuse
- Single Status Statutory Declarations
Our team of child care specialists represents parents, children, other family members and guardians in matters where Local Authorities, in the shape of their Social Services departments, become involved in family life. You can contact the team directly on 0114 2496693.
We are here to help with all Care Proceedings including:
- When Social Services raise concerns about a child’s safety
- When a child is at risk of being taken into care
- When a Local Authority seeks an Emergency Protection Order
- With all aspects of child care proceedings, including pre-proceedings meetings, case conferences, care orders, child assessment orders and child protection reviews
- When parents wish to make contact with children in care
- Where parents seek the return of a child in care and the discharging of care orders
- Where family members wish to care for a child who is at risk of being taken or has been taken into care
- Where children may have suffered sexual abuse or physical or emotional harm
- Where parenting is compromised through addiction, mental health issues or learning disabilities
- Where children have special needs
We also have an independent solution-focused counsellor on site that we can refer you to should you need that extra help and support http://www.solutionfocussheffield.co.uk/
Legal 500 2016
The Legal 500 ranks Howells Family department highly, saying “Led by Alyson Siddall, Howells’ practice covers matrimonial work and children law, and advises on financial remedies, divorce, Court of Protection, civil partnership and Children Act matters.”
Chambers UK 2016
The Family team is ranked in Chambers UK Band 2, described as a “sizeable team acting on private financial divorce work and children law cases from offices across South Yorkshire. Hosts several children law specialists and Resolution-accredited practitioners.” The guide quotes a previous client “they are always well organised and give pragmatic, straightforward, sensible, reasonable advice.”
For more client reviews see Testimonials