Civil » Immigration
Everything up in the air? We’ll help get it all settled.
For both individuals and their relatives, immigration issues can be extremely stressful. Official agencies can be daunting, the rules and regulations complex – hard enough when English is your first language, even tougher when it’s not. Whether you’re seeking to visit, study or settle in the UK; to join a partner or bring a family member into the UK; or to challenge your unlawful detention, you should seek specialist help. Professional legal advice can’t change the system but it can help steer you safely through it.
How we can help
Within its own walls, Howells has a long-held tradition of ethnic, cultural and religious diversity. Our staff are a reflection of the society we serve, speaking over thirty languages and strongly connected to many of the region’s communities. In being able to communicate and engage so directly, we bring an understanding and sensitivity to our client work that has made us consistently the number one choice for immigration law across northern England.
We can help with a broad range of issues including:
- Applications to the UK Border Agency – Visit/Tourist, Fiancé, Marriage, Partner, Dependent Child/Parent/relative applications
- Representation before the immigration tribunal and higher courts e.g. judicial review
- Human Rights, refugee and asylum applications
- British citizenship applications
- Advice on points-based system for working and studying in the UK
- Leave to remain applications
- Advice on removal or deportation
- Guidance on European Union migration
- Help in related areas such as welfare benefits and housing
We appreciate that worry about costs can be the biggest barrier to getting professional help – don’t let it stop you. We offer a keenly priced service for all private immigration matters including a range of ‘fixed fee’ options.
- To take all practical steps to help our clients have a clear and complete understanding of their status and their immigration options
- To work tirelessly and expertly to bring about the best possible result for our clients
- To remove any fear, worry or mystery about the legal process
- To communicate regularly, openly and sensitively and always be ready to listen
- To clearly explain funding options such as Legal Aid (asylum cases only) and make the quality advice you need accessible and affordable
- To use other expert teams within the firm such as human rights, housing, welfare benefits, etc to provide an all-round service
Our team, led by the widely admired Nadeem Ahmed, is a hugely experienced, talented and dedicated group driven on by its belief that everyone should have equal access to quality legal advice. These are smart lawyers with sharp minds, tough and resolute in their legal representation, sensitive and compassionate in their client relationships. They understand that they’re not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound up in legal process but in real lives. It’s a team you’ll want on your side.
Click here for client testimonials
Legal 500 2016 – TOP TIER FIRM in Yorkshire and the Humber
The Legal 500 ranks Howells Immigration department as a top tier firm and says “Led by Nadeem Ahmed, Howells’ department handles asylum, human rights and family migration work, as well as cases involving human trafficking and domestic violence.”
Chambers UK 2016
Chambers UK ranks the Immigration department highly across the region, being known and standing out for “its work with vulnerable clients, including those that have suffered domestic violence, who are seeking asylum and making human rights-based applications. Abundant experience in the full range of visa and residency issues. ”