Civil » Welfare Benefits
Dazed and confused? We’ll help you make sense of
When you consider that welfare benefits are there to help those most in need, it’s annoying that the system makes it so difficult for people to claim their full entitlements. It’s complicated, it’s stressful and it’s hard to keep pace with all the changes – and that’s before you even start to fill in the forms. Professional legal advice can’t get rid of the red tape, but it can help you cut through it.
How we can help
Howells has a long and proud tradition of social justice, protecting and exercising the rights of the unemployed, the disabled, those on low incomes or those who can no longer work due to
illness or injury.
We can assist with:
- Advising on your eligibility for benefits including Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Working Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carers Allowance
- Assisting with all benefits-related issues arising from JobCentre Plus, The Tax Credits Office, The Child Support Agency, the Housing Benefit or Council Tax benefit office
- Advising you on appeals against benefit decisions, including taking appeals to tribunal
- Making backdated claims for underpayment of benefits
- Challenging claims of benefit overpayments
- Defending charges of benefit fraud
- Assisting with the review of Social Fund decisions
- Making formal complaints about the handling of benefit claims
Our fixed fee services are designed to make Welfare Benefits advice accessible and affordable. At a time when you need help the most, we’re here to provide it.
In particular, if you need assistance with challenging a decision made by the DWP, HMRC or Local Authority, or are looking to take a case to Tribunal then please do get in touch.
Click here to view Welfare Benefits fixed fee services
- To gain the maximum benefits entitlement for our clients
- To ensure clients feel comfortable and in control when journeying through the benefits system
- To represent you and defend your rights expertly and energetically
- To remove any fear, worry or mystery about the legal process
- To communicate regularly, openly and sensitively and always be ready to listen
- To clearly explain funding options and make the quality advice you need accessible and affordable
- To use other expert teams within the firm such as housing, debt, family, etc to provide an all-round service
Our Welfare Benefits team is a dedicated practice group driven hard by its belief in justice for all – and its desire to deliver it for everyone. These are smart lawyers with sharp minds, tough and resolute in their legal representation, sensitive and compassionate in their client relationships. They understand that they’re not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound up in legal process but in real lives. It’s a team you’ll want on your side.
Your questions, simply answered; Welfare Benefits FAQ