Family » Divorce & Separation
We can’t mend a broken marriage. But we can help you pick up the pieces.
Divorce can be distressing and drawn out. For every quick and relatively painless ‘no fault’ divorce, there are many that leave a deeper scar. It’s often the practicalities that make the process more involved: sorting out possessions, deciding on housing, agreeing the finances and most important of all, making proper provision for children. Professional legal advice cannot take away the hurt but it can guide you through and help you rebuild for the future.
How we can help
Our team of specialist matrimonial lawyers covers the full spectrum of divorce and separation cases. Their great skills are in connecting with people, understanding the emotions in play, and offering strong support whilst maintaining a cool, clear legal head and a focus for the job in hand.
We can assist with:
- Simple ‘no fault’ divorce, done on a fixed fee basis
- More complex divorce and separation matters, involving finances, children and property
- Divorces involving high net worth individuals
- Child, residence, contact and maintenance
- Collaborative services
- Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Divorce work across a range of cultures/religions
- Guidance on pensions, wills and trusts
- Practical advice on housing and financial assistance
- Protection for vulnerable clients
- Resolution qualified Mediation
Because we know that it can be hard to find time, where possible we offer flexible appointments to suit you.
Our Sheffield office opens until 7.00pm every Wednesday to accommodate late appointments.
The Barnsley office also offers free pre-booked initial appointments each Tuesday from 4.00pm – 7.00pm. To book an appointment call 01226 805 190.
Advice by telephone
We appreciate that it’s not always possible or easy to visit a solicitor in person. That’s why we offer a telephone service – it’s the same high quality advice from the same experienced lawyers, but with the added convenience of not having to make and attend appointments. We simply take your instructions and advise you over the telephone – call us today for a free initial consultation.
- To provide a quality legal service at an affordable price
- To achieve a final result that meets or exceeds a client’s expectations
- To handle all proceedings in such a way that we minimise distress and upset
- To use collaborative services wherever possible to lessen impact on all parties
- To take special care and consideration when it comes to arrangements for children
- To ensure we earn the best possible entitlements when it comes to financial and
- To communicate regularly and openly and always be ready to listen
- To allay any fears about legal fees, remaining transparent as regards costs and often working with ‘price promises’ or to an agreed budget
- To use other expert teams within the firm to assist in areas such as wills and probate,
The Howells team is one of the best in the country. It has been consistently highly ranked for matrimonial and family work in the north, and is overseen by the hugely respected and much admired Alyson Siddall. Alyson has developed a group of many talents but with shared values. Tough and resolute in their legal representation, sensitive and compassionate in their client relationships. They understand that they’re not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound up in legal process but in real lives.