We can offer bespoke training for you and your business on employment law and common issues in the workplace. Whether this is on equality and diversity, or specific management training on matters such as performance management or dealing with sick employees, they are designed to support your business and your managers.
We offer competitive rates for a half day course for up to 10 attendees on the following topics:
- Introduction to employment law
- Annual employment law update
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Avoiding discrimination in the workplace
- Recruiting staff
- Protecting your business (restrictive covenants, confidentiality)
- Managing sickness absences
- Performance management
- Conducting a disciplinary
- Handling a redundancy process
- Investigating a grievance
- Change management in the workplace (including business transfers and redundancies)
- Family friendly rights in the workplace
- Flexible and agile working
- Handling an Employment Tribunal claim
- Managing mental health in the workplace
- Data protection issues
- Gender pay gap reporting
- The apprenticeship levy
Free employment law clinic for businesses
Every Monday we run an ‘online employment law clinic’ for small businesses in South Yorkshire. If you have a question regarding employment law within your business email [email protected] on a Monday between 9am – 4pm and one of our employment experts will respond to you on the same day.
Our Employment team, is renowned for its no-nonsense, energetic and pragmatic approach. Its success isn’t just down to its extensive knowledge of the law, it’s also the way we pride ourselves on putting our client first, getting to know you and understanding what you want to achieve. To get the best results for you and achieve commercially sensible outcomes it is essential that we understand your business.
The team is highly regarded, with recommendations from many clients. The professional guide, Legal 500, also ranks Howells employment team highly in Sheffield and South Yorkshire;
Legal 500 2018
"The 'friendly and approachable' employment team at Howells is known primarily for its representation of employees in tribunal claims. Clare Fowler and Tom Bernard jointly head the team, which is supported by head of civil litigation Graham Hogarth. Fowler has particular experience delivering discrimination advice, while Bernard is recommended for his 'balanced advice, thorough and clear communication' in relation to claims. The team has recently handled disability discrimination claims, in addition to unfair dismissal claims under TUPE. The practice also has experience acting for SMEs, including advising one employer on a complex redundancy matter."