An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the busy and successful Wills Trust and Probate Team at Howells. We are currently recruiting a contentious probate fee earner to work in this hardworking team, across the three South Yorkshire offices (Sheffield, Rotherham and Barnsley), providing good quality legal advice to clients seeking assistance with a wide variety of wills trust and probate issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to relocate or move back to the South Yorkshire area.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of this area of law, be highly motivated, hardworking and driven to achieve.
Ideally he or she will be a STEP member.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for:
– Case Management: Handle a caseload of regular, complex and high-value disputes, involving inheritance and/or wills, trusts and probate disputes.
– Client Consultation: Provide expert legal advice and guidance to clients, understanding their individual circumstances and tailoring your approach to their specific needs.
– Legal Research: Conduct in-depth legal research to ensure a strong understanding of relevant case law, statutes, regulations, and legal precedents applicable to each case.
– Drafting Documents: Prepare and draft legal documents, including pleadings, contracts, settlement agreements, and correspondence, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and compliance with legal standards.
– Negotiation: Negotiate settlements and resolutions to disputes, striving to achieve favourable outcomes for clients while minimising the risks and costs associated with prolonged litigation.
– Client Relationship Management: Maintain open and effective communication with clients, keeping them informed about case developments, progress, and potential strategies.
Howells Solicitors is a well-respected law firm located in Sheffield, Rotherham, and Barnsley, providing expert legal services for individuals, families, and businesses. Our focus is on providing personal legal services and offer a wide range of services including family law, wills and probate, criminal defence, civil liberties, civil litigation and housing.
Howells offer a wide range of benefits including:
– Generous holiday entitlement (30 days fee earners/managers and 23 days increasing by 1 day each year up to 28 days support staff)
– 3 discretionary days Christmas to New Year
– 8 bank holidays
– Flexi time scheme, with the ability to take up to 4 flex days each year
– Contributory pension scheme
– Group Life Assurance (death in service) – after 2 years
– STAR (Special Thanks and Recognition) award
– Training and development opportunities
– Social fund
– Contractual Sick Pay Entitlement
– Contractual Maternity Pay Entitlement
– Recruitment Bonus Payments
– Voluntary benefits e.g. Westfield Health scheme, cycle to work scheme, staff savings scheme
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy please contact Claire Bond, HR Officer on (0114) 249 6763 or email HR@howellsllp.com
Please send all completed applications to HR@howellsllp.com with the position applied for in the subject line