Graham is a partner at Howells and the Head of the Civil Department. He has over 25 years’ experience in the legal profession of bringing and defending claims in the county court and higher courts.
He deals with a wide range of litigation cases including suing or defending claims for faulty goods and services, contractual disputes, and claims for negligence and nuisance. Graham can also advise on the county court small claims procedure and assist clients with parts of their cases that they are pursuing themselves, such as drafting court documents.
He has a particular speciality in landlord and tenant matters including possession proceedings, unlawful evictions, disrepair claims, tenancy disputes, tenancy deposit claims and homeless cases and is one of the best known practitioners in this field in the region.
“The service I received was second to none as was the first time I met Graham Hogarth. Howells is one of the best firms I’ve had the pleasure to have dealings with and I wish everybody at Howells a great blessed future. I am eternally grateful to the Housing and criminal sector of Howells” – B.K., April 2019
“It was brilliant to be able to use the fixed fee service to get an hour with a litigation expert to talk through the issue and get their opinion to help us manage the next steps of the dispute. Graham Hogarth was excellent. I have a lot of experience working with commercial lawyers from national firms on major IT projects, so it was really refreshing to see that you could get just as excellent service from Howells on a much smaller but upsetting domestic matter. I have no issue in recommending Howells on the basis of this excellent service experience. Really was a 5 star service Graham – thank you so much” – P.T, Nov 2018
“I just cannot thank you enough for the support you have given us and appreciate everything you have done for us so far.” – Sep 2018
“Your help certainly made the process far less terrifying and much more straightforward than I had envisaged. So, thank you.” – Mr R.S. 2017
“Wanted to say a big thank you again for all you help.” – Mr R. T. 2017
“Myself and my family recently needed the help of a solicitor with a very complicated case. From the beginning Graham Hogarth was more than helpful, always attentive and no question was too big. I could not recommend this firm more and I would most definitely use them again in the future. Thank you for everything to the whole team and especially Graham, we could not have done this without you.” – Ms A.C. 2018
“I would like to note the excellent attention and advice given to myself and Mrs E.W. In my opinion, Mr Graham is a very experienced solicitor and without doubt from a “layman’s” point of view is excellent at conveyancing his point in a well-researched manner. I believe he is a valuable asset to Howells. He has helped me in the past and is always willing to speak to you. I would have no hesitation in recommending Graham Hogarth and your firm to anyone” – Mr M.W. 2016
“I am extremely pleased with this and shall have great faith in a good lawyer in future – Ms J.L, 2018”
“I would highly recommend Howells they helped me with my case for over a year and would like to thanks Graham Hogarth especially for being so professional and getting me the outcome I wanted – M. H., Feb 2018”
-Obtaining an award of over £50,000 for a tenant who was unlawfully evicted by a commercial landlord whilst in hospital.
– Pursuing the lead case in the Court of Appeal defining the rights of a foster child to succeed to their foster mother’s tenancy.
– Ascertaining a fundamental breach of contract so as to successfully negotiate a business out of an onerous contract negligently drafted by their previous solicitors thereby saving the business from possible bankruptcy.
– Successfully challenging the local authority by threat of Judicial Review in the High Court over their refusal to house a vulnerable man suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.
– Suspending an eviction warrant for a council tenant by counterclaiming for disrepair whereupon the client had significant works carried out to their property and received compensation which wiped out the rent arrears.
– Successfully defending a large claim brought by a roofing company for none payment of an invoice due to faulty work.