Marie specialises in both Housing Law and Welfare Benefits cases. Marie assists clients with each aspect of their case and represents clients in court proceedings across a wide range of issues they may have.
Her speciality in Housing Law means that she is an expert in possession proceedings, unlawful evictions, disrepair claims, tenancy disputes and tenancy deposit claims. She also specialises in Welfare Benefits and is one of a very few specialists who provide assistance with challenging Tribunal decisions on a point of law to the Upper Tribunal. She has even taken a Welfare Benefits case to the Court of Appeal.
Marie is able to use her experience in her specialist areas to obtain the best outcomes for her clients.
“The service and advice has been excellent throughout. Marie has been very professional and supportive” – October, 2020
“Marie gave excellent advice. She was professional and courteous.” – Mar 2020″I can not thank Marie Busfield enough she has been so helpful with not just helping me get through all the process but also understanding my situation being very kind and having a listening ear genuinely i am so grateful to her she is a lovely lady kind and excellent in the work she does.” – 2020
“Marie Busfield was a very friendly person and put us at an ease. She gave us hope in the case we put to her.” – Feb 2020
“Very courteous and efficient” – Feb 2020
“Thank you again! I really cannot express my gratitude in so few words but your help was absolutely invaluable to me, the 7 months of worry
was to be honest torture, but I now can look forward to the future.” – August 2019
“Highly recommend it! Very professional and helpful people! Big thank to Marie for all her help! – Benefits and credits client Jan 2019
“I wanted to once again thank you for all your help with my ESA50 form. I can not thank you enough, you have been so helpful with not just helping me get through all the process but also understanding my situation, being very kind and having a listening ear genuinely. I am so grateful.” – August, 2019
“You represented me as a duty solicitor. Thank you. If there were more people like you out there I'd probably leave the house more” – 2018
- Successfully challenging a local authority on a decision regarding a client fleeing their home due to fear of violence.
- Obtaining significant settlements for tenants who have been unlawfully evicted from their home.
- Having a decision made by the First Tier Tribunal set aside by the Upper Tribunal and going on to secure backdated Personal Independence Payment and Severe Disability Premium for a client totalling over £12,000.
- Successfully appealing a Personal Independence Payment appeal and securing over £15,000 in backdated benefit and premiums.
- Pursuing a case to the Court of Appeal regarding retaining worker status.
- Negotiating favourable settlements for clients with counterclaims within possession proceedings.