Accident in a Public Place Claim | Howells Solicitors
Make a payment

Accident in a Public Place Claim

What is an Accident in a Public Place Claim?

You should feel safe in a public place and not have the worry of being injured. Public sector bodies and businesses have a duty to ensure you’re safe when in their premises or on public property and highways. If you have suffered an injury due to an accident in a public place, we can help.

Legal Costs

Most claims we handle are on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, so if you do not succeed with your case you do not have to pay our costs.

We understand that contacting a law firm is daunting, especially when discussing a potential embarrassing and/or traumatic experience. Whether it’s accidents in shops, accidents at school or another public place, our friendly team of experts will ensure you receive the best advice and guidance.

Accidents in Shops, Accidents at School and Other Public Places

We can support with:

  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Accidents in shops
  • Accidents at school
  • Injuries in other public places such as public highways
  • Injuries at public places such as schools, parks and on public highways
  • Accidents in businesses premises

When to Make an Accident in a Public Place Claim

In the UK, you’ll normally have to make your claim within three years of the incident. Your solicitor will need to prove that the accident was the fault of whoever is responsible for the public space, or someone employed by them.

Legal Costs

Most claims we handle are on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, so if you do not succeed with your case you do not have to pay our costs.

Accidents in a Public Place FAQs

Who Will Pay My Public Liability Compensation?

All businesses and organisations in the UK are required to have public liability insurance to cover personal injury claims, so your claim will be paid for by their insurance company.

Can I Claim for an Accident in a Car Park?

In the same way that the driver responsible for a road traffic accident has to stop and provide their details to the other driver, the same is true in a car park.

Join Our Mailing List

Join our newsletter and receive news, legal help and exclusive offers from our team. Sign up here

How can we help? Contact us today

Contact us on 0114 2496666 and one of our advisors will be in touch to discuss your situation. We will take some initial information and if we can help, we will book you in for a consultation with a legal professional.

Contact Us

Free Drop in Sessions

We offer free drop-in sessions with our personal injury solicitors at our Sheffield, Rotherham, and Barnsley offices. If you think you may have a compensation claim for a personal injury, call 0114 2496611 to speak to one of the team who can go through your claim with you, no appointment necessary:

  • Tuesday 10am – 4pm
  • Thursday 10am – 4pm
  • Wednesday 10am – 4pm
Contact Us

Accident and Personal Injury Articles

Request a Call back

The Howells Solicitors law team are compassionate, down-to-earth and professional, offering you the best expert advice. Get in touch with solicitors in Sheffield, Rotherham, and Barnsley to see how we can help. Fill in the form or give us a call at:

The Team

Howells Personal Injury specialist team is headed by the highly regarded Sharon Rinaldi and they are recommended by the professional guide; The Legal 500 in the 2022 edition. Sharon is also a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel. Professionally, our PI team are highly skilled, very diligent PI lawyers who scrutinise every aspect of a claim, and represent their clients tirelessly, to give people the best possible chance of continuing their lives with the requisite financial and medical support. Personally, they are down to earth, friendly and approachable people whom you can talk to and confide in. They will listen, they will care; and they will use their technical skills to translate all of that into positive action for you.

Sasha Marshall-Congreve

0114 249 6706
Sharon Lockwood

Family Law

01709 364000