If you have suffered an accident or personal injury and would like to know whether you have a claim, then get in touch today. We know that people sometimes worry about contacting solicitors but you’ll find us approachable and easy to talk to, and most importantly, we really are on your side. We also work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis so you don’t need to worry about costs.
An introduction to our accident & personal injury services
Depending on the nature of the claim, we will fight for:
- Compensation for physical and/or emotional suffering and loss of amenity
- Compensation for loss of earnings
- Compensation for damage to personal property or vehicles
- Access to rehabilitation, therapy and specialist medical care
- Access to financial support if you are unable to work
Types of claim
Claims come in all shapes and sizes, from minor slips and trips to catastrophic incidents. We don’t discriminate, we give every claim the same focus, attention and care to ensure our clients get the best possible result. Please don’t think that what’s happened to you is too trivial to matter – we’ll listen even if others won’t.
Claim types include:
- Accidents at work
- Road traffic accidents
- Slips and trips
- Defective product claims
- Fatal accidents
- Head, spinal cord and serious injury claims
- Holiday accidents
- Transport-related accidents
- Neglect and abuse claims
- Criminal injuries compensation claims
Drop In Day
A drop-in session is held at our Rotherham branch every Tuesday 10am – 4pm.
If you think you may have a claim call in to speak to one of the team, no appointment necessary.
Appointments can be made for any other day at any of the branches by calling 0114 249 6666, 01709 364 000 or 01226 805 190.
- To earn for clients the maximum possible compensation settlement
- To remain a strong, staunch and tireless advocate for your rights
- To remove any fear, worry or mystery about the legal process
- To communicate regularly, openly and sensitively and always be ready to listen
- To provide practical advice and support in areas such as financial and medical assistance
- To use other expert teams within the firm to provide an all-round, holistic service
- To ensure changes are made to laws or practices where appropriate
The Accident and Personal Injury team
Our Personal Injury specialist team is headed by the highly regarded Sharon Rinaldi.
Professionally, this is a group of highly skilled, very diligent PI lawyers who scrutinise every aspect of a claim, and represent their clients tirelessly, to give people the best possible chance of continuing their lives with the requisite financial and medical support.
Personally, they are down to earth, friendly and approachable people whom you can talk to and confide in; they’ve seen most things and have an innate ability to sympathise and empathise; they will listen, they will care; and they will use their technical skills to translate all of that into positive action for you.
Howells Personal Injury team is also recommended by the professional guide; Legal 500 2017.
Q.When should I contact you?
A.As soon as you feel you have a case for a personal injury claim. You have 3 years in which to issue County Court Proceedings.
Q.What if I have an insurance policy already?
A.If you have the benefit of a before the event insurance policy you do not have to pursue the claim through your insurer. We can act on their behalf and offer a more local service.
Q.What happens first?
A.We will meet with you to discuss your case, gather as much information as possible and give you advice in respect of types of funding. What we do first will then depend on what outcome you want, which is usually compensation for a personal injury claim.
Q.Will I have to go to court?
A.Not necessarily. Attending a trial is rare in personal injury cases unless there is a dispute in relation to how much your claim is worth.