Whether you’re seeking to visit, study or settle in the UK; to join a partner or bring a family member into the UK; or to challenge your unlawful detention, you should seek specialist help from an immigration solicitor.
Professional legal advice can’t change the system but it can help steer you safely through it.
How we can help
Within its own walls, Howells has a long-held tradition of ethnic, cultural and religious diversity. Our staff are a reflection of the society we serve, speaking various languages and strongly connected to many of the region’s communities. In being able to communicate and engage so directly, we bring an understanding and sensitivity to our client work that has made us consistently the number one choice for immigration law across northern England.
We can help with a broad range of issues including:
- Applications to UK Visas & Immigration – Visit/Tourist, Fiancé, Marriage, Partner, Dependent Child/Parent/relative applications
- Representation before the immigration tribunal and higher courts e.g. judicial review
- Human Rights, refugee and asylum applications
- British citizenship applications
- Advice on points-based system for working and studying in the UK
- Leave to remain applications
- Advice on removal or deportation
- Guidance on European Union migration
- Help in related areas such as welfare benefits and housing
The fixed fee services are designed to make Immigration advice accessible and affordable and to give peace of mind that you will know from the outset the total costs.
The Immigration team
Our team, led by the widely admired Nadeem Ahmed, is a hugely experienced, talented and dedicated group driven on by its belief that everyone should have equal access to quality legal advice.
They understand that they’re not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound up in legal process but in real lives. It’s a team you’ll want on your side.
They take all practical steps to help every client have a clear and complete understanding of their status and their immigration options and they work tirelessly and expertly to bring about the best possible result for every client.
The Legal 500 2017 ranks Howells Immigration department as a top tier firm and says
“Nadeem Ahmed heads the practice, which has a strong track record in human trafficking and domestic violence cases. Key matters included acting for the claimants in a Judicial Review of a decision by the Upper Tribunal to refuse permission to appeal against an immigration claim, and representing a client sentenced to 22 months’ imprisonment under threat of deportation.”