Welfare Benefits & Housing
Benefits and credits are there to help those most in need, however the system can make it difficult for people to claim their full entitlements. It’s complicated, it’s stressful and it’s hard to keep pace with all the changes. Professional legal advice can help you cut through the red tape.
Howells has a long and proud background of social justice, protecting and exercising the rights of the unemployed, the disabled, those on low incomes or those who can no longer work due to illness or injury.
Our Immigration specialists can support with:
- All benefits related issues arising from Jobcentre Plus, The Tax Credits Office and the Local Authority
- Advising you on appeals against benefit decisions, including taking appeals to tribunal
- Making backdated claims for underpayment of benefits
- Challenging claims of benefit overpayments
- Assisting with the review of Social Fund decisions
We appreciate that worry about costs can be the biggest barrier to getting professional help – but don’t let it stop you. We offer a competitively priced service for all private immigration matters including a range of fixed fee options.
The fixed fee services are designed to make Immigration advice accessible and affordable and to give peace of mind that you will know from the outset the total costs. For information on these fixed fees please see here.
Our Immigration specialists understand it’s not always possible to attend our offices, that’s why our team offer appointments via SKYPE and via telephone, as well as face to face.