Sorting out possessions, deciding on housing, agreeing the finances and making proper provision for children. Professional legal advice cannot take away the hurt but it can help take you forward.
How we can help
Our team of specialist matrimonial lawyers covers the full spectrum of civil partnership matters. Their great skills are in connecting with people, understanding the emotions in play, and offering strong support whilst maintaining a cool, clear legal head and a focus for the job in hand.
We can assist with:
- Pre-registration agreements/financial contracts
- Dissolution orders
- Financial orders
- Parental responsibility orders
- Joint residence orders
- Issues relating to children
- Wills, trusts and inheritance tax planning
- Mediation and collaborative services
- To provide a quality legal service at an affordable price
- To achieve a final result that meets or exceeds a client’s expectations
- To handle all proceedings in such a way that we minimise distress and upset
- To use mediation and collaborative services wherever possible to lessen impact on all parties
- To take special care and consideration when it comes to arrangements for children
- To ensure we earn the best possible entitlements when it comes to financial and
- To remove any fear, worry or mystery about the legal process
- To communicate regularly and openly and always be ready to listen
- To allay any fears about legal fees, remaining transparent as regards costs and often working with ‘price promises’ or to an agreed budget
- To use other expert teams within the firm to assist in areas such as wills and probate,
The Civil Partnerships team
The Howells team is one of the best in the country. It has been consistently highly ranked for matrimonial and family work in the north, and is overseen by the hugely respected and much admired Alyson Siddall. Alyson has developed a group of many talents but with shared values. Tough and resolute in their legal representation, sensitive and compassionate in their client relationships. They understand that they’re not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound up in legal process but in real lives.
The Civil Partnerships team are part of the Family Law department at Howells.