If you are suffering from domestic abuse, threatening behaviour or physical or sexual abuse then our Family Law specialists can take urgent steps to protect you and your children.
It’s vital that you seek advice at the earliest opportunity as our team will need to explain the options available to you and what they will mean for you and your family.
Our specialists also run an emergency injunction service where we will see you urgently and apply to the Courts for appropriate protection measures.
Read MoreHow Can I Support a Friend Suffering Domestic Abuse? – Ask an Expert
We know it can be worrying contacting a Solicitor but you’ll find our team approachable and easy to talk to. Always remember we are on your side.
Our Family Law specialists can support you with:
- Emergency injunction service
- Non-Molestation Orders, preventing violence, threats or harassment
- Occupation Orders, where named individuals can be excluded from the family home or from coming within a certain distance of it
- Legal advice post-injunction, such as divorce and separation, children arrangements, financial settlements, housing and welfare benefits
- Practical support through our links with external agencies and support organisations
Our Family Law specialists aim to:
- Respond urgently to requests for domestic abuse help
- Use the full force of the law to put adequate protection in place
- Handle domestic abuse matters strongly but sensitively to ensure client safety is quickly secured with the minimum of distress and upset
- Carefully explain the injunction process and legal options moving forward to lessen concerns about the future
- Use other expert teams within the firm such as matrimonial, housing, welfare benefits, wills & probate etc to provide on-going legal support
- Communicate regularly and openly and always be ready to listen
- Examine funding options such as Legal Aid and make the quality advice you need accessible and affordable
- Help put in place personal support systems through introductions to specialist organisations, advice bodies, charities and community groups
Domestic Abuse Free Consultation
Our Family Law team offer a free 30 minute consultation for new clients and we offer flexible appointments that can be arranged around your work schedule.
Family Law Fees
Our Family Law team are transparent with their prices and offer a variety of fixed fees. These can be found here.
2 steps to contacting Howells:
We’ll listen carefully to you, clarify what you’re trying to achieve, and then explain if and how we can help you. We will take some initial information and liaise with a legal professional regarding your case. If it looks like we can help, we will book you in for a consultation with a legal professional.
The Domestic Abuse team
The Howells Matrimonial team are one of the best in the country and one of the largest in South Yorkshire. It has been consistently highly ranked for family law work in the north, and is overseen by the hugely respected Alyson Siddall. The team are also Resolution accredited who recognise members that demonstrate excellence in the practice of family law.
Sensitive and compassionate in her client relationships, Alyson Siddal understands that she is not dealing with ‘cases’ but with people, not bound by legal process but in real lives. Furthermore, Alyson has been a key part of Howells Solicitors for over 30 years and offers a wealth of expertise and experience. Alyson and the Matrimonial team are highly ranked in the Legal 500 rankings, with specific feedback on Alyson which is “Alyson Siddall is a very experienced matrimonial lawyer who is personable and approachable in addition to being an excellent solicitor”.
Sharon Lockwood is a highly regarded Family Law and Divorce Solicitor in Rotherham, with a specialism at dealing with complex cases involving children and high value assets. Sharon is very active in the local community of South Yorkshire and receives a high amount of praise from her clients and colleagues and has established herself as one of the most distinguish divorce specialists in the region.
John Clegg is a family specialist and covers all aspects of Matrimonial law including Divorce, civil partnership and cohabitation breakdown, financial matters arising on separation and divorce, pre and post-nuptial agreements and protection from domestic abuse.
The Legal 500 2022 edition ranks Family as a top tier firm in Yorkshire and Humber, saying “Family head Alyson Siddall, matrimonial specialist Sharon Lockwood and children team head Sarah Walker are the key names at Howells Solicitors. Based in Sheffield, Rotherham and Barnsley respectively, they oversea a team that is particularly well known for high net worth cases with assets ranging from three to six million pounds.
The firm recently expanded its department with the addition of a collaborative law facility. John Clegg is an additional name to note.”